The Crows nest!


Wednesday 19 June 2013

Dancing to Bark in the Park!

Just half way through the month and it’s been a long one so far, my medication rattles most morning when I can drag my sorry bum from under the Duvet. It would help if I ate a more hearty breakfast!
Some times during this month I have had such a great time from having a dance on the beach, ice cream, flash mob, dance class and the Melonga on Sunday 16th June, I so look forward to these evenings in my social calendar.
Classes are a mixture for the past few weeks, cause of the nice weather there has been a marked lack of dancer’s coming to the practice evening, but I have been going religiously for the past month, and my Friday free practice and help out of Carola my dance tutor.
She is an inspiration a good mentor and has really showed me the joy of movement, dance and a willingness to push me and the other students on to perform our best, what more could I ask for?
I even have a dance partner Kim although she is not fully tango, she does ballroom as well, poor girl has to keep in mind of so many moves how she does this is beyond me.
I have been really just dipping my feet into different forms of dance, ballroom and all that it encompasses, which is vast much more than I give the contestants on Strictly come dancing.
Well its Sunday 16th and there are two things on the Bark in the park, for Obi which we went too, I was impressed by the sheer size of it, and the rain did threaten to make an appearance but maybe all the dogs barking drove the dark clouds away?
Who knows… so many dogs and owners even some of these leads, not sure if I agree with that, maybe it’s because I can’t let Obi of the lead, there’s a bit of envy there I think?
All in all the occasion was a very enjoyable and a little chaotic with the judging dog’s coming and going and getting tangled in there leads with other dogs that want to do the same thing sniff bums and do circles around each other.
On the lead up to Queen’s park, I think that Obi must have sniffed, peed and tried to dig up every tree, all that dog pee and not enough to sniff, by the time we got in the park, he was dribbling and drooling at the dogs on show.
I was only too glad to get a way, my arm was hurting from all the pulling and being pulled all over the place with one excited Tibby, the sun was really quite hot, and I did not bring a bowl for Obi in case he needed a drink of water but I found an old plastic beer glass, cleaned it out in the men’s toilet and gave him a drink from it, he lapped it up poor boy was suffering maybe a little too much heat, he is after all a winter dog with that thick coat of his.
Here I come crys Obi off he trots. On the beach there was more distraction, the bike ride from London to Brighton was in full swing thousands upon thousands of cyclists descended upon this seaside town/city. I like it when Brighton hold’s these shows, can’t wait for the next one, not sure what it is but no doubt, I will see all the portable loo’s and van’s arrived just in time.
Nose to nose with a baby Tibby only 5 months old, and ready for his first cut, I pointed them in the direction of Doggy fashion in Kemptown. Ola!

No comments:

Post a Comment